Monday, October 12, 2015

The Subaltern Voice

You see me below in a sorry state
‘tis not me but my circumstances
You look at me as though I am my fate
With distrust, bias and hateful glances

You were wronged once; now you wrong
How is the crime now a virtue?
In weak division; to rule, others came along
Destined for slavery when we were two

The disconnect shaped by you shapes you
Not realising I too aspire to an improved lot
Labels may differ; identities transform anew
Deep down we don’t, we feed the same pot

Look around, you will see misery
In those who feel divided;
Unto each other of those in unity
Harmonious prosperity is surely decided

Leaders political & communal false
Brought us to this sorry pass
Not betterment they seek, but power, alas!
Blame them not, they speak your voice

A sincere sunrise, do you seek?
Search no further beyond within
Feel, don’t judge, make vanity meek
When hearts connect there can be no sin

We are the same, more than you know
The same insecurity, mine and yours
Upward in society, we both want to show
Come, join hands, the world will be ours

Gnaneshwar B.Pettukola                                                                           Email: gnanesh@vsnl.com

No comments: